• Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Arts (Specialized in 3D Packaging and Logo Design), San Francisco State University
• Master of Divinity in Cross-Cultural, Next Generation Ministry & Pastoral Counseling, San Francisco Theological Seminary
• Doctor of Ministry in Transformational Leadership, American Baptist Seminary of the West of GTU
Publication: SPR Reading of Luke-Acts: Transformational Stewardship Study for Local Churches (ISBN-10: 1482787555 / ISBN-13: 978-1482787559)
AmazonCentral Author’s Page: https://
The Reverend Dr. Stephen Moon’s Testimony:
I am a Korean immigrant who came to the United States in 1983. I settled in Hawaii with my family, where I had a series of diverse experience as student, real estate agent, and part-time church worker. As a result of a drastic conversion, I decided to pursue my college degree and theological education to become a full time ministry worker. During my work as children’s pastor, I was given an intensive ministry training for the 1st generation Korean-Americans and their children. It was during that time that I developed a strong passion for the unchurched, especially for the 2nd generation Korean-Americans and the children in the neighborhood who come from a culturally diverse background. Now, I am prepared to start cross-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-site churches for the Millennial generation in the Sacramento area.
I, as a Gen Xer, have a strong passion and desire to reach the lost generations, Mosaics (aka Millennials or Gen Y & Gen Z), who are the post-modern in their ages from teens to early 30’s. While I was at this age, I as a new immigrant have had many cross-cultural experiences and training both in schools and at work. And I proved myself that I have the capacity to adapt and prosper in a very diverse and unstructured environment. I love the challenges of doing things that seem impossible and that not many in my culture would dare to venture. I want to step out in faith as I see great needs of these generations and the challenges of the Harvest for these people.
I have a strong vision for the Mosaic Generation and have a good understanding of what are the key issues and main attractions for them. I am very creative and resourceful, and seek excellence in what I do, which will provide good connections with my target group. I have an amicable demeanor, which befriends me to many people, whether they are Christians or non-Christians.
Both my wife, Grace and I have very optimistic views in our life and ministry, and believe that by taking an initiative and being persistent in our vision we can be used by God to accomplish His vision in our life. All these show that we have an exceptional aptitude and a great potential to become a cross-cultural church planters. Simply speaking, we try to be the most versatile church planting missionaries in our time.
“I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” – Acts 20:23-24
Please join us to build the Fellowship of Mosaics together!
Joyfully in Christ,
I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy universal Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.
Facebook Lookback Video
Definition of catalyst:
1. something that causes activity between two or more persons or forces without itself being affected.
2. a person or thing that precipitates an event or change: His imprisonment by the government served as the catalyst that helped transform social unrest into revolution.
3. a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.
With help from some surprising footage, Derek Sivers explains how movements really get started. (Hint: It takes two)
“The Value of Leadership” by Rev. Bill Hybels
I love Steve Jobs’ Teamwork Leadership with No Committees.
* For more information about how to become a NWC, please visit: PresbyInnovate.
1. The Mosaic Generation (a new book/kindle e-book), upcoming.
2. Transformational Stewardship in Luke-Acts (a new book in Korean), upcoming.
3. Healing in Luke-Acts: Experiencing God’s Miracle in Postmodern Culture (article), upcoming.
4. Coffeehouse Ministry: The Most Effective Evangelism for the Mosaic Generation (article), upcoming.
5. Resume for Millennials (a new book/kindle e-book), upcoming.