“How Great Is Our God” – World Edition – by Chris Tomlin
• When: Saturday, January 28th, 2017, 3 pm to 9 pm
• Where: 2nd fl. rooms of the Phoenix Hall
• What: Asian Pancake Cooking Class starts from 3:30 pm & Dinner starts at 5:30 pm
• Lunar New Year’s Day Feast Menu:
– Japanese & Korean Pancakes
– Dumpling & Rice Cake Soup
– Vegetable Dishes
– Chinese Fried Rice
– Delicious Korean Dessert: Sujunggwa (수정과)
Please join us for exciting Asian New Year’s Festival filled with lots of cooking, games and music! Please also bring side dishes and desserts to share! For more information, please contact Stephen at 916.217.5470 or visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/221433568302009/. #mosaics
There will be no language classes but this is a very special gathering with music and games. Please bring side dishes, desserts and drinks. There will be carol singing, raffle prizes, gift exchange & lots of fun activities during the entire time. <3
Mosaics Christmas Eve Schedule:
• 2 to 4 pm: Christmas Decoration and Cooking
• 4 to 5:30 pm: Christmas Carol Singing and Games at the 2nd Fl. of Phoenix Hall
• 5:30 to 7 pm: Christmas Eve Feast at the 2nd Fl. of Phoenix Hall
• 7 to 8 pm: Candlelight Christmas Eve Service, “A Celebration of the Light in the Darkness, Hope for the World!” at Davis Community Church’s Sanctuarry (Lessons and Carols): Music by the Bell Choir, under the direction of Norma Meyer and the Chancel Choir, under the direction of Emma Turnbull with Joan Chamber, organist
• 9 to 10 pm: Service of Lessons and Carols with Communion at DCC’s Sanctuary: Music by the Chamber Choir, under the direction of Emma Turnbull
Here is what you should:
1. Please RSVP as soon as you can as the first 12 people who RSVP’ed will receive the special Christmas gift. <3
2. Please bring a personal gift of $10~15 price range, if you can, for the Christmas gift exchange game will happen just before the dinner time from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. <3
3. Please bring your friends and family to enjoy special Christmas feast starting from 5:30 pm. <3
4. Please participate two great Christmas Candlelight Services at DCC’s Sanctuary either at 7 pm or 9 pm. Everyone is invited. <3
Happy Thanksgiving! Instead of eating boring turkey and ham inside, let’s have fun outdoor activities and BBQ! Please invite your friends and families as we celebrate our journey of past and future. Please also bring extra meats, hotdogs, vegetables to grill -and- delicious desserts and drinks.
• No language classes in Davis on Saturday, Nov. 19. No language classes in Sacramento on Sunday, Nov. 20.
• Transportation: We will provide rides from Davis Community Church at 2 pm.
• Soccer Game: Starting at 3 pm (Please wear either darker shirts or lighter shirts to divide into 2 teams).
• Thanksgiving BBQ Feast: Starting at 4 pm: Main Meats will be Korean Beef Short-Ribs, Pork Baby Back-Ribs, Lemon/Lime Chickens and Spicy Squids. There will be also grilled vegetables and other delicious dishes for vegetarians.
• Post-BBQ Activity: “Mosaics Karaoke Contest Night” from 7 pm to 10 pm at Rurulala Karaoke, 9721 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95827 (Donation: $5/person). There will be lots of prizes!!
Please RSVP at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1771401509778970/
Thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving!!
“Because He Lives (Amen)” by Matt Maher
Mosaics 2nd Halloween Festival in DavisAbout 70 people gathered today with 21 newcomers. Please welcome our new friends, Laura Dubcovsky (Russian), Lian Liu (French), Chris Horsting (Portuguese), Yi Lu, Rocio Roman, Muhammad Naveed Arshad, Umair Gull, Naveed Arshad, Enrique “Kiko” Bustamante, Peter & Mariann Yim (Korean), Willow Noel Mastin (Korean), Kaihekoa Keauli’i (Spanish), Taku Noda, Yuri Nakamura, Natsumi Gendo, Yeonggyun Kim, Yue Ma, Cong Wang, Wijun Song, and one more person who we didn’t get name.
Thank you all teachers and volunteering leaders for us to have successful and blesses gathering. Thank you all those who brought potluck dishes and desserts! Thank you Selena Palmer for wrapping all gifts. Thank you Amlan Aggrawal, Clare Wei, Paul, Annie, Stephanie Partridge, and others who decorated the wall with Halloween theme. Thank you Vanessa Roman for your face-painting works! Thank you Tom Norio Sakaishi, Jennifer B. Huang and Leah Lz for your kitchen works! Thank you Paul Sh and Dr. Shoui Chen‘s family who stayed until everyone left. Thank you Ian Brown for helping cleaning up until the last minutes. Congratulations to all contest winners! Thank you Martin Corona for taking beautiful pictures for us! Let’s grow Davis Mosaics! #davismosaics #Mosaics #Davis
“Jesus” by Chris Tomlin