• When: Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
• Where: Tennessee Valley Trailhead at 591 Tennessee Valley Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941
Mosaics will gather at DCC Staff Parking lot by 8:30 am for carpooling and will leave at 8:45 am. All other hikers can meet at Tennessee Valley Trailhead parking area at 10:45 am. Total driving time is 1hr 31min (or 77.2mi) from DCC to the Trailhead Parking area where the hiking will start at 11 am.
• What to bring: your own lunch and water, first aid kit, and jacket
• Leader: David Matson (Cell: 707-271-9180)
• To make RSVP or for more information, please visit our FB group event page at: https://www.facebook.com/events/2217246508325434/
Thank you! <3 #mosaics
Tennessee Valley Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sausalito, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.
Tennessee Valley is an amazing offshoot of the Marin Headlands, with hiking trails to suit the whole family. The Tennessee Valley Trail is mostly level; it begins at the parking area and travels 1.7 miles to Tennessee Beach. For the more adventurous hiker, there are a number of other trails leading into the hills above Tennessee Valley.
In the spring, the vegetation of the valley is lush and green and/or blooming. The valley will come alive with lupine, checker-bloom, blue-eyed grass, California buttercup, and California poppy. In summer, the grasses turn golden, and by late summer you can find fennel, lizardtail, sagebrush, sticky monkey flower, and blackberry bushes. In winter and early spring, rains turn the golden grasses back into green fields.
With hiking and cycling trails and a plethora of wildlife, you would never know that the bustling metropolis of San Francisco is 20 minutes away. Bring the family, have a picnic on the beach, discover the wilds of Tennessee Valley, and remember to take only pictures and leave only foot prints.
Mosaics Peruvian Cooking & Culture Night ♥
• When: Saturday, March 2nd from 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
• Where: 2nd Floor of Phoenix Hall at Davis Community Church
• Henry’s mother, Mrs. Carpio and Romy will teach how to make delicious Peruvian dishes and desserts.
Please RSVP at: https://www.facebook.com/events/290932418254787/ as this special cooking class is limited to the first 10 persons.
For more information, please contact Dr. Stephen Moon at 916-217-5470 ♥ #mosaics
2019 Mosaics Lunar New Year’s Day Festival ♥
This is a joint event for both Fellowship of Mosaics (Sacramento) and Davis Mosaics!
This year, Mosaics will celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year’s Day (3 days earlier) on Saturday, February 2, 2019!
• Chinese Dumpling Making: Meats & Vegetables
• Korean Rice Cake Soup with Dumplings, Roasted Ducks and Vegetables
• Korean Mung Bean Pancakes
• Japanese Teriyaki Chicken
• Dinner at 6:30 pm
• Singing Contest & Raffle Prizes
Please bring side dishes and desserts to share.
All Mosaics will gather at 2nd floor of Phoenix Hall at Davis Community Church on Saturday, December 22, 2018. (No gathering on Sunday, December 23)
All classes will meet as scheduled except for Spanish, German and Drum as the event will start from 5:30 pm.
• 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Singing Contest with Prizes (Karaoke or Own Instrument), Singing Carols with Guitar and Drum.
• 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Special Dinner Feast
• 7:30 pm – 8:15 pm: White Elephant Gift Exchange (please bring one gift in the price $10~15 to exchange) & Raffle Drawing
• 8:15 pm – 9 pm: Dancing
Please also bring your personal gift to teachers, raffle prize to donate, Christmas offerings to support Mosaics ministries, and side dishes (or desserts) to share. We will award teachers and all volunteering leaders during this special festival.
For more information, please visit our FB event site at: https://www.facebook.com/events/266268070899048/ or contact Dr. Stephen Moon at 916-217-5470. Thank you! ♥ #mosaics